top of page
CMTbannerV2.gif

Electric car "100% alight" after it set on fire while charging

An electric car was left completely gutted after it set on fire while charging. The vehicle parked up and charging in Wickford, Essex was left a shell and a nearby property was affected by smoke as the car burned.  

This incident raises questions regarding the safety of electric cars which is being encouraged throughout the taxi trade. Many drivers are being asked to add charge points to their own properties and garages, but fire risks like this may sway drivers to stay with diesel for as long as possible.

Subscribe to our newsletter. Receive all the latest news

Thanks for subscribing!

LTDA Post.gif
bottom of page