Taxi driver's death ruled accidental after being electrocuted during football match

A taxi driver's death during a five-a-side football match has been ruled as accidental after jurors at an inquest heard how he was electrocuted by a faulty floodlight.

34 year old Albert Xhediku suffered a fatal shock from after touching a floodlight pylon while attempting to retrieve a football at the Mountbatten Leisure Centre.

The tragic incident, which happened on 17 January 2016, was not the first time that somebody had received a shock as jurors heard how the lighting control box had not been subject to a recent inspection prior to the accident.

Faults with the box included wiring issues and switches having to be taped up.

The centre which was managed by Parkwood Community Leisure for Portsmouth City Council is now managed by a different company who have carried out a number of repairs.

According to The News deputy coroner Lincoln Brookes recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Image Source: Geograph 

Image Author: Barry Shimmon

CVAugbanner.gif
  • Facebook TaxiPoint
  • Twitter TaxiPoint
  • YouTube TaxiPoint
  • Instagram
ltda banner.JPG

TRENDING...

VEHICLE...

Cabbies Do Kili Oct Footer Banner.jpg
Market Footer .gif

COVID-19...

ltpr.GIF
TAXI INSURANCE MMC October 2020.gif
TaxiPoint- 300x200px Taxi GIF PLAN AUG 2
private hire cover from Utility Saving Expert

The views expressed in this publication are not necessarily those of the publishers.

All written and image rights are reserved by authors displayed. Creative Common image licenses displayed where applicable.

Reproduction in whole or in part without prior permission from the publisher is strictly prohibited.

All written content Copyright of TaxiPoint 2020.