Coldplay have chosen Cardiff as the only place in the UK to play two gigs as part of their European Head Full of Dreams Tour.
Both will take place at the Principality Stadium on 11th and 12th July, and there will be a full city centre road closure for both events - as 60,000 people are expected at the stadium for each concert.
Scott Road and Park Street will be closed earlier in the day to allow for the barrier system to be put in on the approach to Gate 5. Following this a full road closure will be put in place from 6.00pm. A full City Centre road closure will start from 6pm and run until 11:30pm, which includes:
- Kingsway from its junction with North Road to its junction with Duke Street
- Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Road to its junction with Westgate Street.
- Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street
- Duke Street
- Castle St
- High Street
- St Mary Street
- Caroline Street
- Wood Street
- Central Square
- Westgate Street
- Quay Street
- Guildhall Place
- Park Street
- Havelock Street
- Scott Road
The following roads will be closed from 9pm until 11:30pm:
- Saunders Road from the junction with St Mary Street
- Customhouse Street throughout its length
- Penarth Road from the junction with Saunders Road to the entrance leading to the back of the Cardiff Central Train station
St Mary Street taxi rank (outside the House of Fraser) will be closed from 6.00pm and will re-open from 11.30pm, while Mill Lane Taxi Rank will not affected and open throughout the day and night.