A taxi driver's death during a five-a-side football match has been ruled as accidental after jurors at an inquest heard how he was electrocuted by a faulty floodlight.
34 year old Albert Xhediku suffered a fatal shock from after touching a floodlight pylon while attempting to retrieve a football at the Mountbatten Leisure Centre.
The tragic incident, which happened on 17 January 2016, was not the first time that somebody had received a shock as jurors heard how the lighting control box had not been subject to a recent inspection prior to the accident.
Faults with the box included wiring issues and switches having to be taped up.
The centre which was managed by Parkwood Community Leisure for Portsmouth City Council is now managed by a different company who have carried out a number of repairs.
According to The News deputy coroner Lincoln Brookes recorded a verdict of accidental death.
Image Source: Geograph
Image Author: Barry Shimmon