London taxis to be given access to several extra bus lanes in 2020

Updated: Dec 21, 2019



Taxi drivers in London have welcomed plans to allow access into several key bus lanes in 2020.


The five changes includes access to the currently restricted Shorter Street and the bus gate at Tower Hill/Byward Street and Great Tower Street. It is expected that access to Shorter Street will commence in March, whilst the Great Tower Street bus gate is currently awaiting confirmation from the City of London Corporation.

Other changes in restrictions include two in North Greenwich; Blackwall Tunnel North Bound (Tunnel Avenue) and Pilot Busway (to and from O2). The final lane set to be opened to cabbies once building work is completed is located at Terminus Place, Victoria.


A spokesperson from the Licensed Taxi Drivers’ Association (LTDA) said: “One of the major advantages we have over our competitors is our ability to use bus lanes. We currently enjoy access to around 93% of the bus network and the LTDA is constantly lobbying for greater access to the remaining 7%.”


Image credit: LEVC

Cabvision GIF July 2020.gif
  • Facebook TaxiPoint
  • Twitter TaxiPoint
  • YouTube TaxiPoint
  • Instagram
ltda banner.JPG
Ethos Banner 516x175 HS.gif
Market footer GIF.gif
TaxiPoint--300x200px-MLP-GIF.gif
private hire cover from Utility Saving Expert
advert gif.GIF
ltpr.GIF
300x200main.gif
RSS Feed

The views expressed in this publication are not necessarily those of the publishers.

 

All written and image rights are reserved by authors displayed. Creative Common image licenses displayed where applicable.

Reproduction in whole or in part without prior permission from the publisher is strictly prohibited.

All written content Copyright of TaxiPoint 2020.