Strong taxi sales reported in October for zero-emission capable LEVC TX



The London EV Company (LEVC) achieved another strong sales month in October selling 333 electric TX taxis, closely following its historic record September sales result (352).


With October also marking the build of the 3,000th TX since its launch in early 2018, the demand for the new electric version of the iconic British taxi across the UK and Europe continues to grow.

Joerg Hofmann, CEO of LEVC, said: “We are delighted to see that our TX is driving the change towards cleaner city environments in the UK and Europe. A second record sales month for the company confirms again that our strategic direction is on track as we continue to grow our business into new markets and with new retail partners.”


Drivers and fleet owners have benefited from its eCity technology, which combines 80 miles of zero-emissions range with the flexibility of a total electrically-driven range of 377 miles, made possible thanks to the on-board range-extender.


The technology and durability of the purpose-built taxi has already travelled a combined distance of 30 million miles, the equivalent of driving 1,200 times around the world.


The introduction of the new electric TX has prevented 9,700 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere, saved 5.5 million litres of fuel from being used and has reduced drivers’ running costs by £5.4 million - around £110 every week.


Over 18 million passengers have now experienced the new TX, enjoying the panoramic glass roof, greatly improved comfort and refinement levels, class-leading space and accessibility as well as on board Wi-Fi and power charging points.


While London remains the biggest market, the world’s most advanced cab is on the streets in over 20 cities across the UK, including Birmingham, Coventry, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh. It is also proving extremely popular overseas too, with sales in Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, Hong Kong and Malaysia.


LEVC’s range will grow further in 2020 with the launch of a new electric van, based on the TX Taxi and sharing the same eCity technology, along with the recently launched TX Shuttle, focused on the growing ride sharing and taxis markets across Europe. These new products will create further opportunities across Europe and beyond.


By 2022, LEVC expects that 70 percent of the vehicles built at its Coventry factory will be for export while the remaining 30 percent will service the UK.


By 2024, the company aims to have fleets of TXs and electric vans operating in major cities around the world.

CVAugbanner.gif
  • Facebook TaxiPoint
  • Twitter TaxiPoint
  • YouTube TaxiPoint
  • Instagram
ltda banner.JPG
M29144_Taxi_Point_Footer_720x200px.gif
Market Footer .gif
TaxiPoint- 300x200px Taxi GIF PLAN AUG 2
private hire cover from Utility Saving Expert
advert gif.GIF
ltpr.GIF
300x200main.gif
RSS Feed

The views expressed in this publication are not necessarily those of the publishers.

 

All written and image rights are reserved by authors displayed. Creative Common image licenses displayed where applicable.

Reproduction in whole or in part without prior permission from the publisher is strictly prohibited.

All written content Copyright of TaxiPoint 2020.