Taxi driver robbery suspect charged after alleged strangulation attack in Nottingham
- Perry Richardson
- 1 hour ago
- 2 min read

A man has been charged after a taxi driver was allegedly strangled and robbed during a violent incident in Nottingham last month.
Detectives investigating the attack on Carlton Hill Road in Carlton said the incident happened at around 9.50pm on 28 April while the driver was transporting a customer.
According to police, the driver pulled over following a disagreement with his passenger. The passenger then allegedly grabbed the driver from behind and strangled him before stealing a bag of coins from the taxi’s central console.
Police said the driver attempted to drive away while still being restrained, causing the vehicle to spin out of control before eventually coming to a stop. Both men then exited the taxi, with the driver fleeing on foot while the suspect allegedly left with the vehicle’s cash float.
Man remanded in custody following Carlton Hill Road incident that left taxi spinning out of control
Nottinghamshire Police confirmed detectives have since charged 33-year-old Joshua Campbell with robbery, intentional strangulation and causing danger to road users.
Campbell, who police said is of no fixed address, appeared before Nottingham Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday 19 May and was remanded in custody. He is due to appear at Nottingham Crown Court on 16 June.
Detective Constable Andre Foster, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “This must’ve been a terrifying ordeal for the taxi driver, who was just trying to do his job when this happened.
“Robbery in itself is an incredibly serious offence, which is only intensified still further when violence is added in.
“This type of behaviour cannot be allowed to go unchecked.
“We’ve now charged a suspect in connection with this incident and hope this update, which we’ve shared with the victim, provides them with a degree of reassurance.”







